The BTCC was the main motor sport highlight in this week’s BARB round-up. The championship, coming from Rockingham, averaged 301,000 viewers across seven and a half hours on ITV4.
Over on Sky Sports F1, the first live airing of The F1 Show averaged 82,000 viewers, across four airings this increases slightly to 116,000 viewers. The live figure is the highest for the show since multi-21 in March which averaged 110,000 viewers, which is unsurprising considering Kimi Raikkonen’s move to Ferrari was announced two days earlier. In terms of highest rated editions, this is the top five for the studio shows:
1) ~200k (March 9th, 2012 – channel launch)
2) 110k (March 28th, 2013 – multi-21)
3) 86k (June 1st, 2012 – post-Monaco)
4) 83k (May 4th, 2012 – Mugello test)
5) 82k (September 13th, 2013 – Raikkonen to Ferrari)
6) 80k (September 28th, 2012 – Hamilton to Mercedes)
Interestingly, the multi-21 edition is also the only studio based edition to air on a Thursday, which should probably tell Sky something, although it has not been acted upon yet. Elsewhere on the channel, the Midweek Report averaged 17,000 viewers, as did the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.